Friday, March 26, 2010




So I had to post about Split-Flap displays after seeing the amazing one in this generally amazing signage-themed post on Design Crush. I would looove to incorporate this type of sign in the design of my shop, although I'm not sure how exactly... maybe with one line that would always display the shop name and other lines that could change... but not to anything advertising the goods directly because that would be kind of tacky.  

Although they are rare now, I remember the sheer magic of watching (and hearing!) the split-flap arrivals sign at 30th St Station turn over on the very special days when my mom would take me to New York on the TRAIN to see a matinee. I wonder if my children will find the current LCD signs quaint and charming in comparison with their modern four-dimensional holographic displays or whatever star trek shit they have by then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment