Monday, March 8, 2010

Instead of the flowers I promised, due to technical difficulties today we will be having a look into some of my plans for the aesthetics of the interior of Hellebore and the Swan the shop edition, which I have been thinking of just calling Helleborus, since I think it will look better as the type of sign I have been thinking about (more on that later).

First up is the fan favorite, chalkboard paint (in particular as juxtaposed with wood floors and other wood elements). I imagine the space as more or less a rectangle, although I guess it's only realistic not to be married to that idea, since I don't know where it will be yet. At any rate, I think it's important to limit the amount of wall covered in chalkboard since it is a flower shop and it's important for it to be bright. I was considering painting the walls light blue, but looking at some of these pictures, I'm loving it with white. I extra-especially love that little bit of floral paper on the back of the chair in the first picture. I wonder if that's wallpaper or decoupage or maybe drawer-liner? I think little touches of floral print would look so cute in a shop full of flowers!

images via the style files


I also have been toying with the idea of having a giant marquee light style sign. I haven't found much in the way of places to actually purchase such a sign, but since they have the sign below available at Urban Outfitters, I'm sure a professional lighted sign guy could handle it, no? I love both the old-fashioned script and the san-serif, though I think I would probably choose the latter.



Lastly, though I realize certain flowers will be in the cooler, I think there is nothing more lovely than walking into a shop full of flowers out in the open. I hope to be able to facilitate buckets of flowers all about with strategically placed air conditioners or something of that sort. Oh, and lots of brown craft paper and baker's twine to wrap them in... can you see where I'm going with this?



images via Simply ChicOnce Wed

No comments:

Post a Comment