Sunday, March 14, 2010

Despite the fact that I have much more flower arrangement content waiting in the holding pen, tonight I feel motivated to talk about my plans for a Mother's Day weekend sidewalk flower stand, which will most likely be located at Broad & Main in Riverton, NJ. I was thinking for a minute to forget about it but after my fabulous flower class this weekend (which I swear there will be pictures from), I feel re-energized for the project. 


My plan is to have a sort of miniature version of the aesthetic of my shop interior right there on the sidewalk, allowing me to hopefully draw unsuspecting passersby into my little world of flowery bliss. So as for my set up, here's some stuff I have planned:




 




images via True ValueWholesale Flowers & SuppliesbillyBoardsDick BlickStudio Calico


As I'm looking over these, I feel the conspicuous lack of color, a hole which will hopefully be filled with lots of beautiful, colorful flowers. I want to have a mix of flowers, but I may have to make some choices. There will definitely be pink, because I think its good for the wife and mom/grandma/etc. since, unlike red, it could be romantic or just sweet, although some less femme women may not like it so I hope to have some distinctly non-pink options available as well. I will definitely have either garden roses or peonies, if not both, and hopefully some delightfully free flowering branches and hydrangea filched from my own mother's garden. 


I will also need to finish my logo and print up some business cards (or maybe some kind of little post-card sized flyer with info instead), as well as design some nice little tags to hang on the bouquets that my customers can write messages on or have me do right there, if they prefer. Steve thinks I should commandeer some little children from a friend to boost sales, but I think that might be too distracting from the point of me getting my name out there. Maybe I'll settle for bringing the cute little pup along... at least no one will think he did the arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment